Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beautiful Scripture

Alright, confession time:  I do not actually read every scripture that I see quoted or written somewhere.  I normally just scan it, and assume that I am getting the gist of it.  This is not my greatest practice.  How could that possibly allow me to understand the full glory of the Word?  I would definitely suggest not taking after me, and instead reading the following scriptures in this post.  There are just a few, but I think that they are absolutely beautiful. 

As the rain and the snow
   come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
   without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
   so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,  
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
   It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
   and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55: 10-11

Where can I go from your Spirit?
   Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
   your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
   and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
   the night will shine like the day,
   for darkness is as light to you. 
Psalm 139: 7-12

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, 
   for I have put my trust in you. 
Show me the way I should go, 
   for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143: 8

Thank you Lord, for your Word.  Let me be reminded that only by taking the time to read and meditate on your Word can I be fully blessed by its beauty.

(All passages taken from the New International Version)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment