Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Deep Blue Sea

 In my last post, my thoughts about summer were slightly lacking in luster.  To cure this, a self-prescribed remedy was in order: a trip to the beach.


 The beach is absolutely one of my favorite places.  There is nothing more therapeutic to me than a day spent lying on the sand, soaking in the sun, and cooling off in the unending ocean.  Something about the waves rolling in and out, about the sun streaking silently across the sky reminds me that life is still propelling onward.  Standing out in the water, looking out over the vast blue invigorates me like nothing else. 

 I was infinitely thankful to have my friend Britt along with me.  We had a lovely day- the sun was warm and bright, the water crisp and cool, and the company couldn't be beat.





 The little excursion was just what I needed.  After all, what better way to welcome summer with open arms than to enjoy it in the most classic of ways?



No comments:

Post a Comment