Thursday, May 24, 2012

Intent

Congratulations to me, I am now a working girl!  Big, scary life in the corporate world starts for me next Tuesday, when I will begin my job as an elementary school secretary.  I'll line up with the ranks to punch my clock and and join the force drudging away nine to five (eight to three).

In the meantime, I'll conclude my little miniseries of musings on summer (parts one and two can be found here and here).  After worrying over the fact that my summer needs some sort of purpose, and feeling only a little peace about its current state,  I have finally decided to just accept this time.  The earth will keep revolving, heedless of how I am dealing with my trivial days.  C'est la vie, what can I do but embrace every moment?  To do this, I've laid down some intent for the summer. Nothing major - just a reminder that I am still burgeoning, still flourishing, though it may not always be in an overly obvious way. 

Intent for the Summer
In three months time, I will be closer to my family and closer to my God.  
I will be able to say that I have enjoyed the sunshine.  
I will not have let days go by without giving them a chance for adventure.  
I will have taken advantage of the time that I had to be still and rest.  
I will have cherished old friendships and created new ones.
I will have experienced something new, even if it didn't turn out as I expected.
I will have gained knowledge and perspective. 

This summer, I will use the days that I have been given to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment