Sunday, February 12, 2012

Invincible Summer

Today was terribly cold- which is especially shocking because it has been such a warm winter, and finally, out of nowhere, frigid temperatures have suddenly arrived.  I know that lots and lots people are happy about this because the unusually mild weather didn't feel right, but I have secretly loved the lack of cold, and I am a little bit sad that it is here. 

However!  To remind myself, and all of the other secret warm weather enthusiasts out there, that winter doesn't last forever, let's remember what we love about summer.  (This list is from an Anthropologie catalog that I journaled about almost exactly this time last year).

It's the little things...
A bit of shade, all-day grazing, everything green, bare feet, keepsakes, real books, remembering when, her famous recipe, sandal season, goofing off, dress-up, lazy Sundays, nowhere to go, fancy just because, Mom's tree, sleeping in, hobbying, sweet tomatoes, a light breeze, sun on shoulders, an afternoon nap, coming home.

"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
-Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment