Saturday, February 11, 2012

New York Living

As of late, I have taken to daydreaming elaborately about an imaginary life in New York City.  I absolutely would love to move there for a year or so after I graduate, so why not start planning a little early?  Of course, it's hard to show exactly how great this life I've planned in my head is, but I'll try my best.

First, the effortlessly chic fashion.  I got these shots from The Sartorialist, a beautiful blog of street fashion photography.





  How confident and lovely and sexy and cool are these women?  There is just something breathtaking about a New York woman... a certain je ne sais quoi.  One day, that will be me.

Next, the apartment.  Studio apartment, big windows with great light, exposed brick, lots of dark wood.  Can't I dream big?  Something of a combination between these:





I'm sure there will also be a romantic fire escape, of course, à la Audrey singing "Moon River".  

Finally, excitement and culture and scenery every time I walk outside.  Something new or something historical, beautiful or interesting or avant-garde around every corner.
 
My little town blues, they are melting away.  I'm gonna make a brand new start of it, in old New York.  If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.    It's up to you, New York, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment